As Connections Coordinator you will assist people through our mission, “The Journey” of Coming , Connecting, Growing, and Going. This will be a quarter-time position as well. They will work with our Greeting Team, Ministry Leaders, MIT Leaders, our Staff Team, and many others to help assist people with their next step in “The Journey.” Please see the attached job description.
All inquiries can be sent to Pastor John at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the church office 740-453-4192.
Rolling Plains United Methodist Church
Position: Connections Coordinator
To assist people onto our discipleship pathway “The Journey… coming, connecting,
growing and going” by helping people find and take their next steps of connection
and growth in God’s Church
• Work with our Sunday morning welcoming ministries.
• Maintain a working knowledge of where individuals are along the journey.
• Assist the Lead Pastor to empower people to take their next step in the journey.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Secondary education is recommended but nor required. Practical experience in
a job or ministry setting working with people to discover and step into their next
level of engagement in an organization or church.
The Connections Coordinator should be able to:
• Profess a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ
• Manage time efficiently and effectively, with a strong emphasis on effective organizational and planning skills
• Demonstrate an ability to build teams and provide leadership that encourages continual growth and improvement
• Possess strong interpersonal skills which include: compassion, sensitivity, and recognition of non-verbal indicators within a conversation
• Develop and maintain trusting relationships as well as being trustworthy
• Exhibit leadership and an ability to organize people and events to complete tasks.
• Work independently and interdependently (team player)
• Display flexibility in dealing with change and seeing multiple perspectives
• Demonstrate self-motivation, follow through and task completion
• Show a sense of reliability and availability
• Manage personal finances in a God honoring way while practicing the Biblical Tithe.
• Practice self-care, through personal daily devotion and prayer, regular worship attendance, commitment to a Life Group, and getting away for adequate family The responsibilities of this position are as follows:
1. Work with our Sunday morning welcoming ministries.
• Support our greeting ministries—equipping them with the direction, resources and training they need to effectively connect with people coming in our front doors.
• Develop a “next steps” information process to equip our welcome center volunteers.
• Coordinate “Connection Time” with the Lead Pastor during worship services
2. Maintain a working knowledge of where individuals are along the journey.
• Oversee visitor follow-up as our fist contact person and facilitate a “first step” gathering opportunity for new folks to get to know our church.
• Work with our Connection Card, QR Code and texting number to facilitate the necessary follow up as people inquire about next steps in the church.
• Assist families into relationships with staff, leaders and others according to their interests, needs and desire to grow.
• Interact with our church database keeping it updated with where people are along the journey at RPC...
3. Assist the Lead Pastor to empower people to take their next step in the journey.
• Strive to engage people into starting point classes, gifts discovery experiences, and the membership process
• Assist people in finding a connection point in the places they are most gifted in to engage and serve.
• Help people connect to a fellowship gathering, life group, class, ministry group or serving/mission opportunity.
This is a part-time position (minimum 15 hours per week) amenable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee per the Discipline of the United Methodist Church. This is a team position. It is important that the duties of this position be carried out in a cooperative and helpful manner relative to other staff, members, constituents and visitors of Rolling Plains UMC. The official policies for employment are contained in the Rolling Plains Employee handbook. The supervisor to whom this position reports is: The Senior Pastor. Performance reviews will take place yearly.
(Updated April 2022)